Friday, August 1, 2014

Baby/Pet Gate....

I don't know how many of you have used these ugly baby gates to keep your pets from going into other rooms but this is what I have been using. The cat always seemed to knock it down every time he jumped over it. Sometimes he would do it in the middle of the night and you would hear a big thud. It was really starting to get on my nerves so I decided I was going to build a better looking gate that didn't fall down.


I used some scrap wood and some scrap trim that I had and put together a simple yet better looking and sturdy gate.


The whole thing cost me about 10 dollars because I had the wood and paint (benjamin moore- harbor haze) already - I just had to buy the hinges and the latch. I liked the height of my old gate it measured 26 in. I measure and cut my wood to match and nailed it together. It really was that simple!!  Now I have a gate that not only looks ten times better but a gate that will not scare me out of my sleep in the middle of the night!


No comments:

Post a Comment