Thursday, January 8, 2015

Wintery Update and Outdoor Kitty Houses




So its been a little cold around here for the past few days.  Today the real feel was 1*. If you are a fan of snow and the cold then this is the place for you, but if you are me, right about now you would be wishing you were on a beach somewhere very very warm!

There have been a couple of stray cats that hangout by my house - probably because I feed them but they are cute and thats all that matters! They also have names... because I am that person. I want to make every stray a pet. I have been trying for months to get them to come inside my house but they aren't that comfortable with me yet. So last night me and my sister decided that they needed a warm place to stay.

 This is Mustachio.

This is Levi


I searched the internet and found a bunch of different ways to make outdoor shelters for stray cats that will help them stay warm in these very cold temps. Basically we took big bins with covers, some Styrofoam coolers and hay and put it all together and gave these cats a home! We cute the cooler to fit inside the bin, filled in the free space between the cooler and the bin with hay and put hay on the bottom for the cats to lay on and put the top back on. We cut a hole in the front - just big enough for them to get in and out




I must add that we put some cat nip inside to give the cats a reason to go in. I checked today and it looked like someone was laying inside! No one should be left out in the cold. If you have strays but cant let them in this is a perfect way to help your furry friend out!

No comments:

Post a Comment