Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Holiday hosting tips

This past weekend I hosted an early Christmas. My sister was in town visiting so I took the opportunity to get the family together to celebrate Christmas early since we are all scattered all over the place. I tried to keep the food and dessert pretty simple but still festive. Today I'm sharing with you a few tips and tricks to make your holiday celebration a little easier.


I decided to do a Charcuterie board for my apps. I kept it simple. Crackers, cheeses, olives, pepperoni, salami, roasted peanuts, bagel pieces and garlic and herb cheese spread.

Tip: You can use charcuterie boards for pretty much anything, fruits, veggies, whatever you want!




A little tip, the grocery store by me sells bagels cut up in pieces. A whole bag for $1.50
They are the perfect size for spreading cheese on and all you have to do it put them on a platter.


Its always a good idea to have a little something for the kids to do while they wait to open gifts.
I was able to find gingerbread decorating kits. Since it had everything ready to go it made it super easy to set up. We also had a gingerbread house, pre-built and ready to decorate.

Another great tip is to use whatever sprinkles and candy you have at home to add to it to let their creativity really flow.


Tip: I used paper plates for dinner. I found these plates pictured below at Marshalls. They dinner plate sized and pretty. They saved a ton of time on clean up too!




For dessert I did another charcuterie platter. I went with all store bought baked goods to save me some time. I used mini cupcakes, cookies, mini candy canes, pirouette cookies, and peppermint bark. A little something for everyone big and small.


Tip: Mini sized desserts saves the kids from sugar overload and keeps you from having to cut anything up.

As for dinner, I didn't take any photos but I also kept that pretty simple. We had ham, homemade baked beans, corn casserole, southern style baked mac & cheese, brown sugar glazed carrots and biscuits.


If you would like any of those recipes feel free to send me a message and I'll be happy to share!

All in all we had a great time enjoying each others company and everyone went home happy and full. 


No comments:

Post a Comment