Saturday, August 29, 2020

fall kitchen refresh


For those of you that have been following for sometime, you know that my kitchen has been through many changes. We live in a rental so some of my "improvements" have to be temporary. In this kitchen, I thought the counter tops were awful. So I gave them a face lift using a marble contact paper. It has held up pretty well. I did learn that you CANNOT put anything hot on it because it does cause it to bubble. So I leave either a cutting board or dish drying mat on the counter from the times i need to put something hot down.  Now that we've talked about the counters, lets talk about fall in the kitchen. I love the colors that come with the fall season. The reds, oranges, browns, and yellows always feel so cozy. When I can, i like to incorporate those colors into a space for the fall season. 


In the kitchen I changed out the wreath above the sink to bring in that pop of rust color. I love using baskets to add another texture and to soften up a space. We use our basket for our recyclables. I added these black plaid towels which i think warms it up a bit. I also like a throw rug in the kitchen, it adds another texture and serves its purpose to catch those wet feet that come in from outside. 



No comments:

Post a Comment