Wednesday, March 8, 2023

bathroom makeover

 



This post has been a long time coming. Some of you may know that we live in a rental. That can make decorating a little tricky from time to time, but that doesn't mean it has to be ugly. And that also doesn't mean that you can't make it feel like yours. 


I hated my bathroom. I hated the standard beige tile. I hated the fixtures. I hated almost everything in there. The chrome fixtures were rusting and the walls were plain white. 



I knew I needed something in there that would distract from the fact that I couldn't change the beige tile. I needed something to really grab your attention when you walk in. Can you guess what I used? HELLO peel and stick wallpaper! The greatest invention in my book. So here it is... my renter friendly bathroom makeover.




I ended up spray painting the light fixture, cabinet pulls, and towel ring gold. I did purchase a gold faucet but figured I could always take that with me if I wanted to if I move.


As much as I would have liked to change out the mirror, it wasn't in my budget. There also isn't a whole lot of storage in here so this mirror cabinet stays for now until I can think of a better solution.


My final plan is to paint this soffit a dark green, along with the radiator and window trim. I also am on the hunt for the perfect window treatment for in here. But so far I am happy with the way this little bathroom has come along.



No comments:

Post a Comment