Thursday, October 23, 2014

Halloween paper plate crafts

One of my favorite things to use for any craft in my classroom are paper plates. You can make so many different things with them. The possibilities are endless! This week we have been doing Halloween crafts. So naturally I turned to my handy paper plates to help me along. We made a pumpkin, a black cat, a mummy and Frankenstein.

Frankenstein:

For this project I cut a little bit of the top of the paper plate off to make it straight on the top. I used construction paper and cut out his hair free hand. The children painted the plate and glued on the hair and the eyes.


Pumpkins:

For this project the children painted the plates and I stapled on the stems. I used green pipe cleaners to add "vines" to the stems. I love thinking of creative ways to display their projects so I used a picket fence that I made out of black construction paper to help display these adorable pumpkins.



Mummy:
For this project the children glued on white strips of paper and the eyes and mouth. Simple but cute! 

Black Cats:
For this project I cut the paper plates in a half moon shape. I used the left over pieces to make tails and stapled them on. I free handed the head for the cat. The children painted them black. Another really simple project to add some halloween spirit to the classroom.

What are some of your favorite Halloween crafts to do with your children??

No comments:

Post a Comment